Re: Audio CAPTCHA review request

At 3:02 AM -0500 4/1/07, Richard Lynch wrote:
On Fri, March 30, 2007 2:23 am, Tijnema ! wrote:
 Speech recognition
 isn't working very well, and i don't think it would be able to get
 these numbers from the audio, but I have too less experience with
 speech recognition.

Put it this way:

If Corporate America uses speech recognition on national 1-800 numbers
successfully, with every accent from NYC to Alabama to Minnesota, what
are the odds that Tedd's audio samples, even muddied up a bit, are
going to be a challenge?...

Is that true?

I read an article about Japan's speech recognition as being very successful because of the purity of their language's phonetics and used English as an example of being problematic.

Every time I'm asked to say my credit card number over the phone to some speech recognition algorithm, the human operator always asks for it again.

But, in support of your claim, I think you are probably correct -- I just don't know for sure.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------