Re: newbie question about debuging

On Sat, March 31, 2007 8:53 am, Tijnema ! wrote:
> On 3/31/07, buFka <sirakov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, in your image i see Database 'testdb' not found. Followed by a
> link. What happens if you click on that link?
> I don't know anything about Oracle/pOWL, but it looks like the script
> can't connect to your Oracle database. Did you check if the database
> settings are correct?
> Like I said i don't know anything about Oracly, i use MySQL, but it
> requires a host, username, password too i think, so you should check
> if these are correct.

Oracle also needs environment variables which are not present in a
typical PHP install.

You typically need to do something not unlike:

PutEnv('ORACLE_HOME=/path/to/oracle/home');

I forget the exact syntax, and there well may be other variables
Oracle needs.

The fancy POWL thing (whatever it is) probably has settings in its
config file for these.

You really should be asking the POWL folks, though, as we're just
making wild guesses here...

Kind of like asking an M.D. to take a look at your teeth.  You need a
dentist, not an M.D.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?