Speed of apache/php4 on windows

Hi all, i've got apache/php4 running on windows xp with good hardware configuration etc. However, the speed of execution of php pages is really slow.   When testing on my local development machine it takes a few more seconds executing php files than it should normally take.

  How can I up the speed of execution ?  is this possible ?  On my hosting server its really really fast !  and I will like the same settings for my local machine as it has a very good hardware configuration and memory.

  cheers

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.