Re: Speed of apache/php4 on windows

Few seconds more? Even a second is a lot, typically, you measure the speed
of a php script in microseconds. I have PHP5+Apache running on my windows XP
laptop (which is not state of the art) and it's quite fast. I believe you
have an installed software on your machine that is causing this. Try to run
a PHP script with nothing running in the background and see what'll happen.

--
itoctopus - http://www.itoctopus.com
"Don Don" <progwihz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi all, i've got apache/php4 running on windows xp with good hardware
configuration etc. However, the speed of execution of php pages is really
slow.   When testing on my local development machine it takes a few more
seconds executing php files than it should normally take.

>   How can I up the speed of execution ?  is this possible ?  On my hosting
server its really really fast !  and I will like the same settings for my
local machine as it has a very good hardware configuration and memory.