Re: Alternative/Addition to using a CAPTCHA

On 3/31/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 4:04 PM -0400 3/30/07, Jake McHenry wrote:
>  > Tijnema & John:
>>
>>  The above link I've already done a long time ago. But check out my
>>  dot CAPTCHA here:
>>
>  > http://sperling.com/examples/p-captcha
>  >

>Maybe I'm going blind.. But I don't see a circle on that page anywhere?
>Everywhere I click it fails......
>Jake

Jake:

As I stated, not all browsers support alpha channel images.
Unfortunately, IE 5.5 and IE 6 fails while everything else (including
IE 5.2 and IE 7) passes -- just another example of why people should
use a different browser than IE 5.5 and IE 6. In fact, just consider
using *anything* but IE (IMO).

See below screen-shots:

http://www.browsercam.com/public.aspx?proj_id=336219

Everything that has a blue dot works AND everything except for IE 5.5
and IE 6 has a blue dot.

Cheers,

tedd

I remember that from the Invison Board version 2.1.0 and above. They
also use Alpha PNG images. But they have some kind of javascript
function that fixes that, atleast that's what the comments say. I
don't know how it works but you might want to take a look at it. AFAIK
it is only using Javascript, so you would be able to see full source
code :)

Tijnema

--
-------