Re: Re: Alternative/Addition to using a CAPTCHA

Ah ok.. that makes a bit more sense.  Even still.. anyone who's going out of their way to program a bot to defeat your specific CAPTCHA mechanism will probably notice the failure in testing.

Unless you made a failure behave similar to a success but put them in a situation where ultimately they still can't post messages or access anything useful.

I remember reading about either 3D Studio or Maya (one of the 3D modeling programs) and their copy protection method.  They, at one point, made I guess an obvious segment of code for the software pirates to 'crack' that appeared to have totally deprotected the program.   It turns out that it only sort of de-protected it.   They put in multiple mechanisms that were more subtle.  The one I'm thinking of apparently made it so that after 250 right mouse clicks, it would render everything in lower and lower qualities of rendering.  Or not render at all.  OR menus stopped working or something.   But it was something that wasn't obvious at all until people really started using the pirated copy for a while.

Tricky bastards.  I love it. hah

-TG