Re: Re: Keep the PHP list ON TOPIC!

Myron Turner wrote:
> Jochem Maas wrote:
>> Myron Turner wrote:

>>> Just use a little of that saliva that you've been wasting on
>>> spitballs. ;-)
>>>

>> ok - I'm all soaped up now - I'll try a be nicer in future.
>>
>> the general point stands but the manner in which it was brought did leave
>> plenty of room for improvement, have a bad day is no excuse really!
>> anyway
>> I do my best to be more diplomatic when I try to tackle a misplaced
>> post/person/wotsit
>> in future.
>>
>> apologies to the OP is question for the tone.
>>

> You are wonderfully good-humored for a grinch (you know--the guy who
> stole Christmas).

I stole it and now I've misplaced it ;-/

>  Myself, I'm just a pretty old guy--like add sept to
> agenarian--

 don't quite follow that but I'll assume you have a couple more years
on the clock than I do ... hey somebody has to right? ;-)

> who does this for fun and the occasional cash and (at my age)
> sort of likes things peaceful.   I've only been using the list a short
> while, but it is very indebted to a small number of knowledgeable
> contributors, yourself included, who give a lot of their time.

my/our debt to society ;-)
always nice to here when one's ramblings have been of use to others,
and for me it's not a one way thing by any means - I learn plenty for
other clever souls on this list :-)

> I really
> can understand your frustration with off topic posts, when you put so
> much into the list, but they seem impossible to stop.

sometimes you just have an off day and then someone comes along
and posts something that's way out there (and seemingly blantantly
in the full knowledge that it's OT) and then they get earful ... I'm as
suseptable as the next man to losing his cool. that said there is also a
constant need to address newcomers to how to 'live' in this environment
(asking smart questions and asking in the right place, that sort of thing)
- the kind of advice I too needed when I was starting out :-)

onward and upward.