Re: Keep the PHP list ON TOPIC! (was: [PHP] MYSQLyog)

Understood.

I will think harder next time before posting.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Moseby" <JMoseby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "'Jochem Maas'" <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Jonathan Kahan" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Stut" <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx>; <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 9:17 AM
Subject: Keep the PHP list ON TOPIC! (was:  MYSQLyog)

Jonathan Kahan wrote:
> I will look at Jim's suggestion. I tried the % and it still failed.
> FYI-I have seen posts here much less related to PHP than my
own without
> such responses.

so that make's your totally offtopic question okay then does?
I suppose you condone murder also because, heck, others have
done it before, right?

> And yes in my mind this is part of  PHP in that PHP
> interacts with MYSQL and thus this has a bearing on my
ability to write
> PHP programs in the future.

your mind seems rather clouded or just plain narrow.
you can't connect to a mysql server using some window gui app
... there is
no php there, period.

> I have already written a few PHP programs
> without using the mysql functions which yes are a part of PHP.

technically the mysql wrapper functions are part of a php extension.
there are plenty of people who run php without the mysql
extension btw.

> This is
> an email support group-I am not attempting a masters thesis here.

this is general php support list - please do come back when
you have trouble
with mysql_connect(), mysql_query() and the like.

otherwise go get your help from the correct source, I'm sure there is
plenty to be found at mysql.com for example (or webyog.com???).

Put another (kinder? gentler?) way:

While the fine folks of the PHP General list might be able to make a pretty
good guess as to the solution to your non-PHP problem, you would find much
better, quicker, more accurate (and less prickly) advice from the MYSQLyog
or MYSQL support lists.

The more we can keep the topic focused on PHP here, the better the perpetual
archive will be for PHP knowledge seekers going forward.

JM