Re: Re: Getting last record ID created from DB

Richard Lynch wrote:

> On Tue, March 20, 2007 8:00 pm, Mark wrote:
>
> I'd agree with you, except now you've pulled the rug out and inserted
> a 3rd party connection pool.

That's not "pulling the rug out," that is a legitimate possibility.

> Well, duh, if you're dumb enough to think you can just slap it in and
> everything will work by magic, you deserve what you get.

That is my point.

> One would hope the connection pooling docs have at least SOME warning
> that they BREAK certain crucial functionality.

My point in this discussion is that there are ways that work better and more
widely across multiple platform than depending on specific features of
specific systems.

One can write completely generic SQL that works correctly *regardless* of
connection pooling, transactional support, etc. The problem is that by not
thinking about the problem in the general case, you limit the applicability
of the project for no good reason.