Re: Lot's of nonexistentfile.php requests

Patrick Ale wrote:
> On 3/20/07, Jochem Maas <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Patrick Ale wrote:
>> > Morning all,>
>> you're not the only one who has this in their logs - something google
>> could have told you:
>>
>>         http://www.google.nl/search?q=nonexistentfile.php
>
> Hoi Jochem :)
>
> I did try that on google actually, as you've seen yourself there are

it's always worthwhile to mention that you've already done a search,
it'll usually save you the pain of some a$$hole telling you to STFW ;-)

> lots of results return, and I actually took the efford of reading the
> first 20 links mentioned, and only one mentioned the mod_rewrite, the
> others just say how "you've been hacked" , "my server hangs, ack ack
> what can I do" and all.

well it's definitely an attempt to gain access, cause a buffer overflow or something similiar.
but unless you see anything else strange (load, connections, missing data, defaced pages, etc)
on your server (other than crap in the logs)
then the chances are it was just an attempt that failed.