Re: Opinion on on-line payment and banking gateway

On 3/6/07, Seak, Teng-Fong <seak.tf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jochem Maas wrote:
> tell him this: "never ever ever ever so much as accept a creditcard number
> as input to any of his scripts let alone store it somewhere - leave that to
> the payment provider who has the expertise, secure (hopefully) system and massive
> liability fund to be able to deal with such things professionally."

    OK, jotted down.
> payment provider is probably a more used term. but yes her needs one
> of those.
> one example is paypal - there are plenty of others.

    He's not selling any physical product.  He's selling services and
on-line videos.  So I don't know if PayPal suits his needs.
> google/yahoo knows more than me :-)

    Yes, there are quite a lot, but how do we know if such and such site
is a real one?  Or an honest one?  Just like phishing sites are
proliferating, I think we'd be careful with anything found in the Net.
Don't you agree?

When the company I work for sets up a payment gateway for a client we
always have the client set up the account through their bank.  Each
bank has different payment gateway companies they are willing to work
with.  Usually we are able to get a few choices from the bank and keep
it within the 3 or so gateways we support with our current e-commerce
solution.

Hope that helps!