Re: Opinion on on-line payment and banking gateway

Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:
>     I'm not a PHP programmer.

you eloi, you. :-)

> I ask this question for a friend of
> mine.  So I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms.  He's making an
> e-commerce website and he doesn't know much about how to validate credit
> card, or how to make transactions.

tell him this: "never ever ever ever so much as accept a creditcard number
as input to any of his scripts let alone store it somewhere - leave that to
the payment provider who has the expertise, secure (hopefully) system and massive
liability fund to be able to deal with such things professionally."

> What he needs is called "banking
> gateway", right?

payment provider is probably a more used term. but yes her needs one of those.
one example is paypal - there are plenty of others.

>     After some search in php.net, I've found a link to
> http://www.trustcommerce.com/.  Is this what he's looking for?

no idea if trustcommerce.com is recommended but it's the kind of
thing he's looking for yes.

 Has
> anyone here used this?  Actually, it doesn't matter to him if such thing
> isn't open-source or isn't free.  What he needs is something that
> works.  Anyone has any opinions or suggestions?  Any tutorial to banking
> gateway?

google/yahoo knows more than me :-)