Re: Re: remote fopen not working, despite allow_url_fopen = on SOLVED

On 2/21/07, alex handle <alex.handle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2/21/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, February 19, 2007 9:43 am, alex handle wrote:
> > A minute ago i tried to run my test script (remote.php) on the shell
> > and the
> > remote fopen works!!
> > The problem must be within the php apache module or apache self.
> > Is there a way to debug the php apache module?
>
> Step #1.
> Create a page with <?php phpinfo();?> in it, surf to it, and find the
> allow_url_fopen setting within that output.
>
> I'm betting dollars to donuts that the php.ini you changed has not yet
> been read by your webserver, because it isn't the right php.ini, or
> because you forgot to re-start Apache.
>
> Step #2.
> It's possible that your httpd.conf is messed up so that Apache (and
> thus PHP module) cannot manage to do a hostname lookup.  If that's the
> case, you probably need to be checking in httpd.conf and asking on the
> Apache list...
>
> --
> Some people have a "gift" link here.
> Know what I want?
> I want you to buy a CD from some starving artist.
> http://cdbaby.com/browse/from/lynch
> Yeah, I get a buck. So?

When i disable allow_url_fopen, i get this error mesage:
[Wed Feb 21 13:12:20 2007] [error] [client xxx] PHP Warning:  file() [<a
href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: URL file-access is disabled in
the server configuration in /home/domains/x/xxxx/tmp/remote.php on line 2.
With "allow_url_fopen = on" i get a different error message (see my

Thank you for the tip i will check my httpd.conf.

Alex

Hi,

i found a solution on this site:

http://danger.rulez.sk/articles/php-http-request-fails.php

PHP4 does not work reliable with more than 1024 filedescriptors (incl.
apache logfiles).

Alex