RE: Re: Securing user table with sha function

Oops, didn't mean to offend or start a fight.
Thank you all for your input, its about the same as on the web: there is no
right way..
Well i'll just have to mix and match all these methods and decide which
works best for me.
Just for info, yes its a dedicated server, and i am hosting the same
application multiple times for multiple clients. No open hosting is allowed
so no worrying about unauthed php-scripts..
My application is an modulable engine somewhat like a cms but much more
complicated as it is doubled with a "site generator" for maximum flexibility
depeding on the client enabling our "small" company to easly adapt to any
needs a client could possibly want in the way of features by modulating each
one. Which makes it quite complicated as its totally database driven weather
it is for the theme, the placement of blocks, the userlevel of modules,
admin user levels (client admin and our own admin extension) etc..

So i'm just mainly worried about my host server going down for whatever
reason as i host all my clients on it :) But with an extensive backup system
in place, which i hope never have to use to restore, i am fairly "safe".
I'll just have to adapt these "security" methods based on whats known to be
one of the "best" ways.

Once again thanks for your input, it's my call now :D

Tim