Re: Securing user table with sha function

Tim wrote:
> Now moving on into other aspects of security :P I was thinking of a way to
> secure my login inputs the best way possible.
[...]

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not simply inspect and clean input
to ensure that it's always properly escaped and safe to send to your
database?  It seems to me that's the most sensible way to address SQL
injection.

Hashing the data in your database has drawbacks, and anyway, do you want
them to see even hashed data?  I sure don't.