Re: Classified Ads Script

On Mon, February 19, 2007 6:50 pm, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing
Lists) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm planning to put up a local classified ads website and I'm looking
> for an open-source script for this.
>
> I've already had some links from Google and Sourceforge but I'd like
> to get some opinions on people who've already run a classifieds
> website as to what they're using and what they think of it.

Is Craigslists available as source?... :-)

As a surfer of classified ads, I'd have to say the most disappointing
feature, for me, is usually the search.  I rarely can get it to find
what I want, and end up browsing through a lot of junk just to find
the content I desire, or giving up as I run out of time...

So without recommending any particular package, I'd suggest focusing
on the search engine a lot.

I'd also go out on a limb and suggest looking for one that's heavily
CSS based, so you have good odds on getting the look you want without
altering source code too much.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?