Re: Classified Ads Script

On 2/19/07, Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <
matt.baluyos.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to put up a local classified ads website and I'm looking
for an open-source script for this.

I've already had some links from Google and Sourceforge but I'd like
to get some opinions on people who've already run a classifieds
website as to what they're using and what they think of it.

Best Regards,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.

We use GeoClassifieds by GeoDesic Solutions. With a little bit of effort I
was able to tie it in with our subscriber database.
There is a free version, and if I remember correctly the basic version is
what we use.

Far cheaper to even buy the basic than to write your own, although our
situation is simplified because classifieds are offered free to subscribers.
Therefore I have no experience of how well anything associated with the
payment side, incentives, etc. works.

Regards - Miles