Re: Change in 5.2.1 re. parsing of URL

Lewis Kapell wrote:
If this has nothing to do with PHP, maybe you can explain why the behavior was broken when I upgraded from 5.2.0 to 5.2.1, and started working again the instant I reverted back to 5.2.0. No other configuration changes were made on the web server.

??

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School

Jochem Maas wrote:
Lewis Kapell wrote:
There seems to be a behavior change introduced in 5.2.1 and I would like
to know if it was deliberate.

[snip]

this is nothing to do with php - it's down to your webserver settings.

are you using the save php.ini file? If different, maybe their is something that changed with the settings in that ini file.

Check to see if you had a auto_prepend_file setting that was taking care of extracting that data from the URL and making it usable in the script.

I remember doing a hack for something like this that required parsing the $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] back a few years ago.

--
Enjoy,

Jim Lucas

Different eyes see different things. Different hearts beat on different strings. But there are times for you and me when all such things agree.

- Rush