Re: Re: Change in 5.2.1 re. parsing of URL

Fergus Gibson wrote:
Lewis Kapell wrote:
We are already using the Content-type header (I should have mentioned
 that in my first message).

Hmmm.  So you have a PHP script that sets the mimetype correctly and
then outputs straight PDF data, but the user's browser does not accept
it as a PDF because the extension of the script is PHP?  I find that
strange.

It's rare but it does happen. We suspect it's a behavior exhibited by certain browsers in combination with certain firewall settings, or something like that.

If you can't find a better solution (something weird is going on in my
mind) maybe a work-around is mod_rewrite?  You could link to the PHP
script with a PDF extension and then rewrite it to the PHP extension
behind the scenes.

I'll look into that.  Thanks for the tip.

- Lewis