Re: Re: Change in 5.2.1 re. parsing of URL

We are already using the Content-type header (I should have mentioned that in my first message). And to say that the user's browser is misconfigured is no solution, since we don't have the ability to reconfigure it. If all of our users were on a local network there would be no problem. But that's not our situation.

Thank you,

Lewis Kapell
Computer Operations
Seton Home Study School

Fergus Gibson wrote:
Lewis Kapell wrote:
http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.php/phonypage.pdf

In this example there is a PHP script called mypage.php which serves
up a PDF.  Putting the extra text at the end of the URL makes it
appear to the user's browser that the URL ends with '.pdf' rather
than '.php'.  We introduced this hack at my company because a few
users were unable to view pages containing PDF or RTF content,
presumably because of some combination of browser and/or firewall
settings.

This is the proper way to handle this.  If it doesn't work, the user's
browser is misconfigured.

<?php
header('Content-type: application/pdf');
// your PDF data
?>