Re: PHP5 & Commercial Development

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 23:45 +0100, Keryx Web wrote:

> The question PHP 4 or PHP 5: If you stay with 4 you are bound to a one
> size fits all solution. In PHP 5 you can use DB-specific drivers or PDO
> or a PHP-based abstraction layer. That's *more* choice, not less!
>
> To summarize: With PDO or mysqli I can use both old school SQL and
> prepared statements, in PHP 4 there are fewer options! My case for PHP 5
> stands intact.
>
> And finally: With each new release of PHP we can expect improvements in
> PDO, making it a more future safe alternative.

Could you point out to me where exactly the discussion became about PHP4
versus PHP5? I seem to be smelling the red herring technique of changing
the conversation focus so as to inappropriately lend credence to the
initial argument because the secondary red herring argument can be
argued more in your favour despite its irrelevance.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring

Cheers,
Rob.