Re: Who uses PHP

Eric Gorr wrote:
PHP has to many security issues and should not be used with a user authentication system. We should use XXX.
Well, people's complaints about PHP probably stem from some security pitfalls built-in for simplicity's sake. (The most common being register_globals.) For that reason, I strongly agree with the general sentiments of many posters: code is as secure as the least capable developer can make it.

I write code in C, python, Perl, PHP, Java, C#, JavaScript, etc, etc... I don't find PHP to be inherently less secure than any other language.

I've recently run into a company that has a payment web service that handles outgoing transactions. They have a hole in their system that could be used to rip off e-commerce sites accross the internet. (Site thinks the person has paid, where they have not.) Their code is written in ASP. Is it ASP's fault? No. It's the programmers who failed to recognize the hole in their protocol.

jon