Re[2]: nested, referenced foreach & implicit current array pointer issues

Hello Jochem,

> use of 'global' is bad practice in anything that resembles a complex/real
> application. your function has no control over the what $arr is and any piece of
> code code change $arr into *anything* at any time.

> instead I would suggest that your better off doing one of 2 things:

> bad advice? I'm open to being corrected :-)

I wondered privately if anyone would give that very useful advice. O:)
It is similar to what I told a colleague who wrote the code which
triggered the bug. :) (side-note: I was kinda sympathetic to what he did - he
was cutting corners in a relatively small, stand-alone project :p)

Be what may be, the hard-to-debug side-effect stands as weak point
of PHP design no less.

--
Best regards,
 speedy                            mailto:speedy.spam@xxxxxxxxx