Suggestions of GPL plugin-system?

Hi guys,

I've been developing a GPL PHP/MySQL app for some time now and I would
like to extend it with a module/plugin system. The idea would be that
people could add a directory in a plugin path that would contain a
bunch of PHP files extending the functionality of my application. This
directory would then be read out, some config file parsed and whatnot,
after which the module can be turned on by my application.

Now, I could try and figure this out by myself, but that would be
reinventing the wheel since I'm betting there is some good GPL modular
software around (such as Joomla, PHP-Nuke, PHPbb, etc, etc.) that you have
been working with as a coder. Could any of you suggest a certain GPL
application that has a great module setup that I could take a look at?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Ivo