IMPORTANT: PHP does NOT cause browser issues.

Hi everybody.

Due some recent messages in this list and other CSS/XHTML list, I´ve decided
to post this to clarify a very common question: PHP is compatible with ALL
browsers. Why? Because PHP runs at the server, aside from the browser. The
only thing the browser will see is the response (in plain text or html
code). The response code may be incompatible, but not the PHP code. So,
again: PHP is compatible with ALL browsers because PHP does not run at the
browser.

The other issue is: "I would like to run some PHP code when the user click a
link or press a button". Sorry pal... unless you use AJAX or iFrames, it
will not gonna happen. Consider post this types of questions in Javascript
or AJAX lists.
As said before, PHP runs at the server and this kind of problem require
client-side scripting.

Questions about rendering bugs in HTML should be posted at CSS or HTML
Lists.

Sorry if I sounded too cranky. But it´s for a good reason.

Good PHPíng.

P.S.: My suggestion is to send a message explaining that to every member
that joins the list.

--
"Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none."