Jump to a record when searching MYSQL with PHP Paging?

I am working on a PHP/MySQL application where I am displaying and paging records from a MySQL database. The search functionality needs to be a bit different than I'm used to. Instead of returning only the records matching the query, it needs to return ALL records, BUT take the user to the page where the first record matches the query. All other records should still be displayed.

Does someone know of an example or tutorial on how to accomplish this?

--
T.J. Mahaffey
tj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx