Re: problem loading phpinfo

On Tue, December 19, 2006 2:42 am, christook@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I am very grateful that you had the time to reply also your reply was
> very quick, this is the kind support you don't get from most other
> open source.
>
> In regard to the problem with phpinfo, I had same problem, but it is
> not because of installation rather it was a configuration issue.
>
> I did not set the php path is the httpd.conf and also in the php.ini.
>
> The follwing is what I did and it worked strainght away:
>
> ############### chris Extra 16/12/2006 ##########
> # Add this in the php.ini
> # configure the path to php.ini
> PHPIniDir "/usr/local/apache/www.sitehome.org/php"

This does not go in php.ini

It goes in httpd.conf

Essentially, this tells Apache where to find php.ini

So it has to go in httpd.conf or you have a chicken/egg problem.

> #Check which php is your default and change the path
> [root@osier apache]# which php
> /usr/bin/php
> [root@osier apache]# mv /usr/bin/php /usr/bin/Original.php.18122006
> [root@osier apache]# ls -al /usr/local/apache/sitehome/php/bin/php
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      9642970 Nov 12 21:49
> /usr/local/apache/sitehome/php/bin/php
> [root@osier apache]#
> [root@osier apache]# ln -s /usr/local/apache/sitehome/php/bin/php
> /usr/bin/php
> [root@osier apache]#

Hmmmm.

Okay, if your php binary somehow ended up in /usr/local/apache/... and
if you are using CGI (or Fast CGI?) I guess you want this.

> ###############
> #Add this to my httpd.conf
>
> AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php5
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> </IfModule>

But then all the above, I think, only applies if you are using PHP as
a Module, not as CGI.

> # DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
> # is requested.
> #
> <IfModule dir_module>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.var .php
> </IfModule>
> #########################
>
> Then with the above all my php functions worked.

That's a good start.

> The the rest if history, but I am still not able to get the log_errors
> to write to the path as defined in the php.ini
>
> [root@bo php-5.1.6]# ls -al /data/logs/sitehome/php/error.log
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            0 Dec 19 08:59
> /data/logs/sitehome/php/error.log

What does <?php phpinfo();?> show you for your php.ini setting?

Copy paste it to this list.

If it doesn't say the path to the php.ini you are changing, then you
are not changing the right php.ini

Or you need to move php.ini

Or you need to re-start Apache so your PHPIniDir setting takes effect.

> But for some reason, I get the following error on another machine with
> exactly the same configuration of apache, php, and mysql.
>
> ##################
> [root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]#
> /usr/local/apache/www-dev.sitetest.ch/bin/apachectl restart
> httpd: Syntax error on line 111 of
> /usr/local/apache/www-dev.sitetest.ch/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> /usr/local/apache/www-dev.sitetest.ch/modules/libphp5.so into server:
> /usr/local/apache/www-dev.sitetest.ch/modules/libphp5.so: undefined
> symbol: xmlResetError

Sounds to me like you tried to compile with some nifty XML stuff, but
didn't have that nifty XML extension actually on your system.

output from config.log carefully.

I think you'll find that there are errors about XML.

> ###################
>
> When I disabled the following lines in my httpd.conf all is ok:
>
> LoadModule php5_module        modules/libphp5.so
> PHPIniDir "/usr/local/apache/www-dev.sitetest.ch/php"
>
> The error "xmlResetError" message is fairly new and no info on the web
> for this.
>
> Can you please help?

All I know is that your libphp5.so is only half-formed, with the XML
stuff missing, because that's what those messages mean.

How you got there, or how to get to where you want to be, I don't know
for sure, except that more error messages in config.log in php
./configure directory will be the path to track.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?