Re: file uploads Q?

Jim Lucas wrote:
Jochem Maas wrote:
Richard Lynch wrote:
On Sat, December 9, 2006 12:18 pm, William Stokes wrote:
Is it possible to allow  user pick several images and upload them all
at
once? (I need to pass the images to a function for the resize). Or do
I need
to give several browse buttons to allow multiple file uploads?
Yes, you would need to have several INPUT TYPE="FILE" browse buttons.

Also I have seen a application (written with MS tools) that allows
user to
upload a zip file containing images and the zip is automatically
uncompressed to a server disk. Can this be done with PHP also?
Yes.
http://php.net/zip

the zip extension is only available in php5.2 (or installable via
pecl).

Just to let you know, you can read and unzip with v4.x but it has to be compiled in.

So, you would be able to READ a zip archive, but not WRITE one.

PHP 4 >= 4.1.0, and PECL is required

There is also the pear class:

http://pear.php.net/package/File_Archive

No idea about what requirements that has, just another option. :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/