Re: security and .htaccess

On Sat, December 2, 2006 3:35 pm, Alain Roger wrote:
> I'm working on .htaccess file for improving security.
> Based on documentation from PHPSEC.org, we should be able to store
> DB_USER
> login and DB_PASS password in some secret-stuff (for example) file,
> which
> should be located outside root of web document root. (for example in
> some
> /path_to_secret folder)

I think .htaccess *is* the file being included...

It might be possible to use Apache's . operator (I think it's . ) to
suck in yet another file, outside the web root, so that a change to
the rules about not serving up .ht* files would not matter to that
file to be included...

But you've strayed into the "this is an Apache question" realm pretty
heavily...
http://apache.org/ probably addresses this somewhere, one way or the
other, if you dig enough.

--