Re: Detecting naughty sites

----- Original Message ----- From: "Satyam" <Satyam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Wikipedia article of the day provides some interesting facts about when if became naughty:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_erotic_depictions

--

May I add something that came to my mind related to this. As the Wikipedia article says, the idea of pornography was developed mostly in the Victorian era. It is fitting to mention that at the same time, those we would now call scientists (the term wasn't popular then) devoted much of their time to screwing. Pretty much as anybody else, you would say. Not quite, the term meant something else then.

The Industrial Revolution was facing a big problem , the lack of standards. Each and every machine was unique, when something broke, a replacement had to be crafted, just like the original piece had been. One of the most important pieces, due to the quantity used in each and every machine, were screws, bolts and nuts. Thus, it was important to develop standards for screws, length, diameter, threads per inch, depth and profile of the thread and so on, so they could be manufactured in quantities.

This subject was referred to as 'screwing' and I am sure Queen Victoria would have wholehartedly aproved of it.

Satyam