RE: LDAP password question

Hello,

I was actually wondering if the PHP implementation of an LDAP client
encodes the password before being sent, or if it sends the password in
plain-text.  The most information I've got on this subject, so far, is
from http://adldap.sourceforge.net/faq.php

Q. Why am I getting poor performance with Windows 2003 Server?

A. Microsoft figured out that plain text passwords aren't a good thing
and tightened the security on Windows 2003 Server. The passwords
floating around with 2000 server were all encrypted but there are some
new timeout problems during negotiation (I think). Anyways, I've set
another LDAP option in version 1.2 to force encrypted passwords, and it
has resolved this issue.

After looking through their source code, this information seems to be
for modifying passwords or creating a user.  I would assume that
passwords are plain text without SSL when using ldap_bind().

Thanks,

--

Ray Hauge

Application Development Lead