Re: Re: mail header questions

Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
Hi Manuel,

1) I can't get the From header right, when I receive the test mail the
sender is apache
There is From: and From . From is not a real header. It is just set by
some MTA to the return path address and is also used as separator in
mailbox files with multiple messages in the mbox format.

If you can set the Return-Path address, you will most likely change what
appears in the From header.

I forgot to mention that I can't set the return-path either.

That can *only* be an email address - you can't include a "name" in the return-path. Also it can't be changed if safe-mode is on for the server.

From your code, where does $mainmail come from? It's not in the code you posted at all.

$headers .= "From: $mainmail \r\n";

--
Postgresql & php tutorials