Re: mail header questions

Hello,

on 11/27/2006 05:14 PM Chantal Rosmuller said the following:
> I'm working on a mailform and it's kind of working but I still have 2
> problems:
>
> 1) I can't get the From header right, when I receive the test mail the sender
> is apache

There is From: and From . From is not a real header. It is just set by
some MTA to the return path address and is also used as separator in
mailbox files with multiple messages in the mbox format.

If you can set the Return-Path address, you will most likely change what
appears in the From header.

> 2) The BCC headers (there's more then one) are not stripped.

I suspect that the headers appear in the body. That may be due to wrong
line break for your platform.

You may want to try this using the MIME message composing and sending
class, that lets you set the Return-Path header and can also detect the
right line break sequence for your platform.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos