Tidy HTML source?

Hi.

In the stuff I do almost all the HTML is generated with PHP as basically
none of it is static (lots of tabular data, state-sensitive links, stuff
like that).

Am I crazy to make an extra effort in my code to make the generated HTML
pretty? By this I mean linebreaks, indentation etc. - stuff that is aimed
at readability rather than correctness. This is obviously above and beyond
simply making sure it validates. It's not a huge burden by any means, but
it *is* extra effort.

What do you guys do?

Looking forward to your replies.