Re: Self generating variables/arrays

On Sun, November 26, 2006 3:45 pm, jekillen wrote:
> 1. one large array exploded around \n
> 2. then a loop looks for '<br><br>\n' items
>      and records the index number of these items
>      as well of keeping a count: ($c)
> 3. Since $c is a variable it can represent a different
>      number each time.
> 4. Since I don't know what $c is going to be I can't
>     declare array variables with predetermined names

You don't NEED to track the number of items:

PHP is happy to do that for you:

$a[$i][] = "next item";

> 5. I want to slice the large array into $c arrays that
>     begin and end around items in the large array
>     containing '<br><br>\n';
> This is as much abstraction as I can give you
> In context it is represented by several hundred lines of function
> code.

I strongly suspect that you could simplify your code to a large degree...

Post a small "slice" out of your data and see what folks think.

You may be taking a very long route to your destination...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?