Re: Little script that might help against some email-/webcrawlers

You also lose some email from those of us who got rather tired of this
cumbersome system putting the burden on senders... :-)

I rarely bother with these sort of challenge-response systems anymore.

If you're not getting my emails, and they are important (to you)
you'll add me once you figure out you're not getting them.

If not, oh well, guess you didn't want my email info that badly anyway.

So, just be aware, that the jaded among us won't click through that
usage barrier.

If you want contact via your site, a FORM page in PHP takes only an
hour or so, and you can put all kinds of restrictions on usage in
terms of volume of email from/to or based on user IP/Agent/heuristics
guessing if it's the "same" user or only if they are willing to turn
on and accept cookies...

All of which is ALSO easily beat by a determined attacker, but
probably less likely to be subverted in automated fashion than the
simplistic HTTP/HTML char substitution.

Though, as I said, the bad guys are catching SO MANY fish every time
they try to harvest, it seems like so far the simplest obfuscation is
"enough"  I think Netcraft (?) did a field-test on this awhile back...

Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?
http://cdbaby.com/browse/from/lynch
Yeah, I get a buck. So?