Re: activation through email

On 11 Nov 2006, at 12:38 , Ahmad Al-Twaijiry wrote:
I know that hotmail is filtering me as a possibly a spammer (because I
use a shared mail server) and there is nothing I can do about this.

Sure there is, move to a better neighborhood. And hotmail will not block you for being on a shared server unless the others on the shared server are spammers.

so I want to ask you if you have any solution for this ? how can I (in
someway) make my scripts check if the email is valid and exists email
before I register him without the need to send any password or
activation link to his email ?

Well, you can do what some mail servers do, and try to connect to the MX for the domain and see if the username is accepted.

Or, if this is a hotmail specific issue, you can not allow hotmail addresses.

--
Like the moment when the brakes lock/And you slide towards the big truck/You stretch the frozen moments with your fear