Re: Protecting Streaming Audio

You put the data in a directory outside of the webspace and use PHP to grab the file and send it to someone. That way you're able to control access to the file.

By webspace, I'm referring to the directories outside of the ones used to store and serve your webpages. This directory structure would serve as an example for where you store your webpages and where you store your data separately from the webpages:

/www/www.somesite.com/htdocs
/www/www.somesite.com/data