Protecting Streaming Audio

Dear List,

    I have had a question that has been bugging me for a while now. Say
that I need to have a members website. Which I want to protect streaming
audio (Real, or Windows Media), now all the pages I can protect with a MYSQL
DB and PHP. But when it comes to protecting a url of a file or audio feed it
becomes tricky. What is the procedure? Would I have to use the htaccess
file? But then when I open a realaudio file it will ask for a username and
passworld again..

How does one protect an url - or do I have to copy the file to a temp dir
and then after a set time delete it?

Help, there must be a way..

Thanks for any ideas..

Sincerely,