Re: Re: [BULK] [PHP] why so slow?

:)
I know it is a dedicated server on westhost.com
I wouldn't know how to check for the kind of connection!
thanks, and all the best...

On Nov 1, 2006, at 3:10 AM, clive wrote:

Mel wrote:
Could you think of why my site loads so slowly?
http://www.squareinch.net/home.php

perhaps its the server that its hosted on, is it a dedicated machine,shared or a virtual private server.
It could also be the bandwidth the server has,
It could be the route taken to get to the machine.
It could even be the weather (If anyone knows anything about a certain ISP in South Africa you'll know what I mean)

In poor old bandwidth starved S.Africa your page takes 10 - 14 seconds to load (used the hippopotamus counting technique i.e 1 hippopotamus, 2 hippopotamus etc, yes yes very African I know), then again the weather affects our bandwidth and then again google.com loads with a second so I reckon its something else.

Can you check the server loads and perhaps find out what sort of connection the box has?

Clive