Re: heredoc usage [WAS: <OPTION]

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 11:24 -0400, tedd wrote:
> At 1:04 AM -0700 10/26/06, Paul Novitski wrote:
> >At 10/25/2006 11:24 PM, Robert Cummings wrote:
> >>I use a tag based template system, there's no PHP in my content so my
> >>content files for the most part just look like more HTML.
> >
> >This is a different topic, but also one close to my heart.  Yes, I
> >too use my own selector-based templating system.  It does allow me
> >to embed PHP variables into the template if I want, but the primary
> >merge between plain HTML template and MySQL content happens through
> >CSS-style selectors.
>
> I also embed php variables inside css -- it gives it more functionality.

I embed them in the CSS template, which is compiled to a CSS stylesheet
file and so the variables become static after compilation. This is
useful if you're not determining values by any PHP logic, since then
your stylesheet can be served up as a static document while retaining
the flexibility of using variably defined values to generate the
stylesheet.

Cheers,
Rob.