Re: Re: Windows ENV['_'] equivalent

On Fri, October 13, 2006 5:47 pm, M.Sokolewicz wrote:
> you've considered the fact that you might be running php as a module
> via
> ie. apache, thus not using a php.exe at all? (you'd be using a
> php4ts.lib/php5ts.lib instead)

It's a command line script having nothing to do with any other API.
CLI is definitely the SAPI here:

In Cygwin:
/cygwin/c/php5.1.1/php.exe -q run_tests.php
Cygwin gives me what I want in $_ENV['_']

In MS-DOS (errr, they don't call it that now, but it is):
C:\\php5.1.1\php.exe -q run_tests.php
MS-DOS does not have it anywhere I can find

I would think that the path to the binary being executed would be
available, but apparently not. [shrug]

I found one other solution, where a test suite defined its own ENV
variable that it expected the user to 'set' and then errored out if it
wasn't set...  This would not be my first choice for usability
reasons, as setting an ENV variable is actually rather tricky to
document:
If you are using bash, ... do this.
If you are using csh, ... do this.
If you are using Windows XP, ... do this.
If you are using Windows NT, ... do this.
If you are using any other platform, I have no idea what you would
have to do...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?