Re: moving file from one server to another

* and then Tony Di Croce declared....
> How about nfs mounting a directory from the image server to a directory on
> the lamp server.
>
> This way, the files are never really on the LAMP server...

yeh, that had ocurred to me, and may be a good solution Tony. The only
thing that worried me was not knowing (ie having to research..) whether
that would cause any significant overhead on the image server. It's not
like it's an under spec'd machine, but the point of course is to have as
small a server load as possible -- so we dont need to start dropping
aditioonal boxes in too soon.

I run nfs at home and we make good use of it on the local network where
the actual application is for shared files under the laod balancer, but
this would be another data center entirely.

It may be that it's a trivial thing, the reason ive not done it is Im
just not 100% sure on it is all, whereas simply scp/sftp'ing files into
the image server dir is about as simple as it gets right?

--
Nick Wilson
http://performancing.com/user/1