Re: moving file from one server to another

How about nfs mounting a directory from the image server to a directory on
the lamp server.

This way, the files are never really on the LAMP server...

   td

On 9/30/06, Nick Wilson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

* and then Google Kreme declared....
> On 30 Sep 2006, at 03:29 , Nick Wilson wrote:
> >I need to let users upload to the regular LAMP box, but then copy the
> >image over to the custom image server (which does not have php or any
> >kind of cgi capability).
> >
> >I was considering using exec() and scp to do this, but thought i'd ask
> >and see if anyone had any better suggestions?
>
> Ah... well, does the copy need to be interactive, or does it need to
> be automatic?
>
> I'd probably use rsync to copy the upload tree to the image server
> myself, without involving php at all.

yes. i'd considered rsync but the file needs to be available on the
image server immediately. scp'ing it should work, but of course imnow
having fun with the apache user and try9ing to work out how to give it
an ssh profile :)

--
Nick Wilson
http://performancing.com/user/1