Re: Custom Session Handler

Hi Richard,

No suggestions yet, but hopefully something will come through. Wouldn't
you know it, I had a brainstorm while writing this response.  amazing
what a night's sleep will do. The key to getting a module registered is
in session.c in the function PHPAPI int
php_session_register_module(ps_module *ptr). Obvious now, isn't it :)

As for open sourcing it, that call's up to my employer, but it may
actually be a requirement (not that familiar with the license on php
source). Anyway, they're fairly pro-open souce, so it's likely that
it'll get released back into the source tree. I'd say the biggest
benefit from my point of view is not having to re-merge the changes in
for every release of PHP :)

Who do I talk to about becoming a developer on the php source?

Cheers,

Glenn.