Re: PHP Access Violations

Thanks for the input, Jon.  I'll get to the Apache and IIS restart
suggestions soon.

Meanwhile, I think I have a semi-repeatable recipe for getting the
access violation to happen.  As far as I can tell, everything is cool
until I open up SQLyog and do some sort of database manipulation
within it.  Almost immediately after that, switching back to the
browser and flying through the app a little more brings on the
violation.  So far, my testing is indicating to me that the violation
does not occur without SQLyog having done some work in the database.

-Chris

On 9/6/06, Jon Anderson <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christopher Watson wrote:
> memtest run over several hours, with 2000% coverage.  No errors.
My impression of this is that it either has to be a software problem in
either PHP or the server (pretty much guaranteed your PHP code should
never be allowed to trigger an access violation) or a fundamental
hardware issue.

In this case, I would first eliminate software problems first - I gather
you've used different versions of PHP, so why not try using Apache
temporarily and see if that alleviates the problem. Also, what happens
after an access violation if you fully stop then restart the IIS service?

If you eliminate your web server and PHP as possibilities, I would look
to hardware (overheating CPU?), it's obviously not memory. ;-)

jon