PHP Access Violations

OK, this is starting to get really annoying.  I think it's time I
posted this to php-general, and see if there is anything anyone knows
about it.

For a while now (about two years), I have been developing on a laptop
configured as listed below.  I'll provide the versions of software I
am currently working with, although the problems I will describe have
been occurring with regularity over several previous versions of the
software.

HP Pavilion zx5000 notebook computer
1 GB RAM
120 GB HD
Windows XP Pro (SP2)
PHP 5.1.6 (running as ISAPI)
MySQL Server 5.0.24
SQLyog Enterprise 5.17

The problem became so bad and pervasive that I decided the best thing
do (about two week ago) was to wipe this machine completely and
rebuild it from the ground up.  The main partition was deleted,
recreated, slow-formatted, and Windows XP re-installed clean (with ALL
updates installed as well).  The latest versions of PHP, MySQL, and my
client admin program, SQLyog we re-installed.  I haven't put much of
anything else on this machine, aside from Homesite (to write PHP), and
MySQL Administrator to manage users.  Process count is low and managed
well.  There is nothing stupid on this laptop.

But the problem persists!

Basically, it's an intermittent but frequent "Access Violation" within
PHP.  It happens at complete unpredictable times.  Meaning, I cannot
reproduce the problem using a recipe.  There are no known sequence of
events that cause the problem to occur.

After boot, I start developing.  I'm running Homesite, writing code,
saving it.  I'm using IE to run locally the PHP/Fusebox app I have
written, using localhost.  I have a virtual directory set up in IIS
for the app.  I test my code, running through several circuits and
functions.  I use SQLyog Enterprise to make and alter tables, adjust
data, perform other analyses through manual queries, etc. etc.  Lots
of querying going on to the local MySQL server from the app.  This is
an astronomical data management system, so it is query-heavy.  I'm
using PEAR::DB and mysqli to do all the PHP/MySQL stuff.  My code is
two years old and quite robust.  It is fully debugged, and I think I
write pretty good code that does the right thing.  But after a while
(again, the time span is unpredictable), things suddenly die.  On one
request, I won't get back what I'm expecting.  Usually a partial page.
On the next invocation of PHP, I get an error about an "Access
violation" PHP has encountered.  At that point, I am dead in the
water.  PHP simply won't work any more.  I have to reboot the system
to get it back up and running.

This will happen during very single development session.  Eventually,
after working with Homesite, SQLyog and IE to run and test the app, it
WILL die.  And it's PHP giving me the error.  It seems as if there is
nothing I can do to modify my development practices to eliminate or
even lessen the frequency of this error.

You have to understand that this machine was WIPED CLEAN a couple of
weeks ago, and I haven't installed anything on it except the OS and
essential development tools.  This machine is devoid of any malware,
and is extremely process poor.  It's a super clean system.

Does someone, anyone, has any insight into this?  Please help me!

Christopher Watson