Re: Strange situation when saving a file

On 8/30/06, Miguel Guirao <miguel.guirao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once the file has been created and saved as I doc file (not a doc
format!),
> I e-mail it!
>
> When the client gets the e-mail, he/she should open the file either by
> saving the file to the local system or openning the file directly from the
> e-mail attachment. Either way, I got a blank page in Word. If I open the
> document directly from the web server, without having it sent by e-mail,
it
> opens correctly in Word. The only problem is when the file is been
> emailed!!!

One problem could be the .doc extension.  A lot of email clients will
give you a warning at best, and at worst will completely remove the
attachment of things like Word documents, due to thier ability to
contain dangerous macros.  I don't think that is the problem you're
currently having, but it's good to be aware of.

Other than that, I would look at what add_attachment is actually doing
to see if it is indeed grabbing the correct file.