Re: Strange situation when saving a file

Miguel Guirao wrote:
I'm using ob_start() in order to save the content of a web page into a
variable string and then save it into a file in the file system. Every thing
is done OK. The only workaround I'm doing is adding a .doc file extension
when saving the file, in order to open the file in Word.

Once the file has been created and saved as I doc file (not a doc format!),
I e-mail it!

When the client gets the e-mail, he/she should open the file either by
saving the file to the local system or openning the file directly from the
e-mail attachment. Either way, I got a blank page in Word. If I open the
document directly from the web server, without having it sent by e-mail, it
opens correctly in Word. The only problem is when the file is been
emailed!!!

What could be going wrong?? Any ideas??

My crystal ball tells me that there's something wrong with your code. Unfortunately, due to the lead shield that surrounds all PHP code I cannot see it from here. I suggest your next step would be to remove said shield by emailing the relevant parts to the list. Then we may be able to bring our collective skills together to assist in solving your problem.

-Stut