RE: break up variable and put each element in an array

On Mon, August 14, 2006 2:41 am, Ivo F.A.C. Fokkema wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 16:36:36 -0500, Richard Lynch wrote:
>> On Fri, August 11, 2006 3:11 am, Ivo F.A.C. Fokkema wrote:
>>> Well, if it's true that some browsers on some platforms ignore the
>>> W3C
>>> standard, I guess we could use:
>>
>> Or perhaps these browsers pre-date W3C standards. :-)
>
> Sure, but in newer versions, they might update their code to follow
> the standards after all... wouldn't they?

Of course!

But are all my users going to run out and upgrade because some W3C
weenie (from their persepctive) told them to?

No.

In fact, *some* of my users are so economically-challenged that their
hardware doesn't support a W3C-compliant browser due to memory
constraints.

So I'm going to provide backwards-compatible code which:
  does not break anything for W3C-compliant browsers
  supports ancient browsers
  costs almost nothing in CPU time for any reasonable-sized GET/POST

Do you want to add to the Digital Divide by not supporting ancient
hardware/software, or do you want to only provide web services to the
wealthy :-) :-) :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm